April 25, 2011

Monday Inspiration: Portraits

In the auction world, portraits tend to have a more decorative connotation....I mean, how much is a portrait of a brother of a woman who may or may not be related to George Washington worth?

Historically important or not, these portraits are transforming my sentiment towards the traditional paintings.  Each work adds heightened elements of grace and refinement to these already beautiful rooms.

 {image via My Notting Hill}

{image via My Notting Hill}

{image via My Notting Hill}

{image via House Beautiful}

{image via My Notting Hill}


{image via Perch}

{image via Velvet & Linen}

{images via My Notting Hill}

Even a pup adds a splash sophistication!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the more casual/modern portrait of the woman in the blue dress. It's very intriguing and makes you wonder what she's thinking about. Nice banner changes too btw!

    ReplyDelete