May 13, 2011

Auction Finds

We have our last auction of the season tomorrow, furniture and decorations! I can't believe how quickly the season has flown by.  So needless to say this week has been a little crazy!


While working the exhibit one day, I made a list of all of my favorite pieces.  It's quite long...so here are just a few of my top picks:


Lot 5 Indian Rug, 2nd Quarter 20th Century
 I love the purples in this rug.  It's so unusual and beautiful!


Lot 151 Pair of Royal Worcester Gilt Decorated Moon Flasks 

Lot 210 Italian Neoclassical Style Satinwood Crossbanded Figured
Walnut Bureau Bookcase Late 19th Century


Lot 211 Italian Rococo Style Satinwood Inlaid Figured Walnut

Slant-Front Bureau First Half 20th Century


Lot 212 Pair of Italian Neoclassical Style Giltwood and Metal

Two-Light Sconces Circa 1900

Lot 213 Italian Neoclassical Marquetry Light Wood and Walnut Small
Commode Composed of 18th Century Elements
Lot 239 Set of Twelve Continental Neoclassical Style
Walnut Dining Chairs Early 20th Century


Lot 236 Pair of Continental Neoclassical Style Walnut Small Commodes
Probably Biedermeier, Third Quarter 19th Century

Lot 256 Japanese Export 'Queen Anne' Chased Brass Mounted Polychrome and
Gilt Black Lacquered Wood Side Cabinet First Half 20th Century


Lot 283 George III Style Mahogany Bookcase Cabinet First Half 19th Century

Lot 302 Set of Six Regency Ebonized Marquetry Amboyna and Mahogany
Caned Side Chairs Early 19th Century

Lot 308 Regency Satinwood Crossbanded and Inlaid Calamander and
Rosewood Pivoting Fold-Top Games Table
Lot 373  Classical Style Giltwood Convex Mirror

I really did narrow down my list!

What are your favorites???


{images via Weschler's}

2 comments:

  1. Lot 373 caught my eye. What a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hеllo mateѕ, fastidious articlе and good aгguments
    cοmmented аt this place, I am іn fаct enjoyіng by
    these.

    Haѵe a look at my web рage - Toy

    ReplyDelete