May 27, 2011

Friday Fave

We're currently in route to Connecticut to spend the long weekend with my parents.  Memorial Day is one of my absolute favorite holdiays.  Growing up it was always marked with our local pool opening, a town-wide parade, an amazing party thrown by my parent's close friend and artist Cindi Mullins and of course my mom's famous deviled eggs.  (I'm still trying to redeem myself from the year that I dropped the deviled egg plate walking into the party...ruining not only the eggs but the plate as well!)

While Memorial Day has evolved from my childhood, I still love holiday- the patriotism, the unity and of course the unofficial beginning of summer!

Jasper Johns (American b. 1930), Two Flags, mixed media on canvas
Auctioned by Sotheby's in New York on November 8, 1989
price realized: $12,100,000 (including buyer's premium)


Happy Memorial Day weekend!


{image via AskArt}

No comments:

Post a Comment