June 2, 2011

Abstract Love

I recently fell in love with a piece of art that came into our auction house.  It was an abstract, slightly impressionistic landscape by local artist Elzbieta Sikorska (Polish/American 20th Century).



I loved it...but after days of obsessing, worrying about the large size (3-ft by 4-ft) and stressing about the impact on my other potential home improvements, I decided I'd place a conservative bid and see how it turned out.  Unfortunately, it was fated to not to be mine.


It did, however, spark a renewed interest in bright, whimsical abstract works and how they can drastically impact a room.  I fell in love all over again!

{image via House Beautiful}
{image via Willow Decor}
{image from Things That Inspire}

{image from Things That Inspire}

{image from Things That Inspire}

{image via House Beautiful}

{image via Perch}

{image from Things That Inspire}

{image from Things That Inspire}

The art truly transforms each environment...imagine a traditional landscape or portrait in the same space.  The room would awaken an entirely different emotion and ambiance!

No comments:

Post a Comment